2016 Writing Prizes
The English Department has recognized the following students from the class of 2016 for excellence in critical and creative writing.
The Dolores Shelley Prize for Creative Writing
- Joseph D'Amore: "Stella by Starlight"
- Brittany Frederick: "Coming Back to Birmingham"
The Barbara Estrin Prize for Outstanding Seminar Paper
- Andrea Aiken, "Thank God for Brave, Good (Wo)men!”: New Womanhood and Dracula
- Gabrielle Jaques, “Who Tells Your Story?”: Locke, DuBois, and Defining National Identity in Hamilton
The Robert Goulet Prize for Outstanding English Paper
- Amanda Marriott: “Things that she could not do as a girl, and dare not do as a wife”: The Widow and Gendered Exchange in The Tenant of Wildfell Hall