How to Apply for a Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship
2014-2015 applications will be available through the Office of Student Financial Services as well as the Stonehill Noyce website beginning February 1, 2014. Completed applications must include the following:
- Completed Noyce Application
- Personal Statement: The Noyce Foundation aims to help young people become curious, thoughtful, and engaged learners. The goal of the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program at Stonehill College is to continue this legacy. In 250 to 500 words, give us a compelling reason to award you a $25,000 Noyce Scholarship. How does Robert Noyce’s dream fit into your future career plans?
- Noyce Scholarship Agreement to Serve (signed by applicant and one member of the Noyce Project Team)
- Unofficial College Transcript
Noyce Scholarship Selection Process
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee consisting of the Noyce Project Team, a representative from the Admissions Office, and a representative from the Financial Aid Office. To ensure the most qualified applicants are awarded scholarships, selection will be based on academic merit, with special consideration given to their prior involvement with ‘community of practice’ activities, financial need, and the diversity of participants in the program.
To be eligible for a Noyce Scholarship, students must:
- have completed the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a CSS Profile on file at Stonehill;
- be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- have a declared mathematics major with a major in early childhood/elementary education, or a minor in secondary education; and
- be a rising junior (class of 2015).