S.U.R.E. is an opportunity for students who have completed their first year at Stonehill to perform significant, publishable, full-time research under the guidance of and in collaboration with an experienced faculty researcher.
- Thomas Gumbley ’16 and Ryan O’Keefe ’16 worked with Sean Mulholland, associate professor of Economics, on “Differences in Intergenerational Economic Mobility in the U.S. for Rich, Poor, Black and White from 1940-2000 and The Effects of Educational Variation on State Income Growth Rates.”
- Economics major Joanna Zecha ’14 worked with Linzy Brekke-Aloise, associate professor of History, on “Quantifying Early American Consumer Culture: Wardrobes and Wealth in Three Massachusetts Counties, 1780-1840.”
- Economics major Paul Fazio ’14 worked with Sean Mulholland, associate professor of Economics, on “Private Unions, Public Unions, and Income Inequality.”
Places where Stonehill students have recently interned include:
- Allied Mortgage Capital
- Children’s Hospital Trust
- Eastern Bank
- Fidelity Investments
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P. Morgan
- Massachusetts Office of Business Development
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- Pioneer Institute
- Stonehill Center for Nonprofit Management
Our Economics majors have attended and presented at meetings and seminars of professional associations such as:
- The Eastern Economic Association
- The Association of Private Enterprise Education
- The Foundation for Economic Education
Career Services Resources for Students
The Office of Career Services offers extensive assistance to students pursuing employment, advanced studies or postgraduate service opportunities. By completing internships and utilizing mentors, students are empowered to build lifelong career management skills.
Economics-specific career resources
- Courses that incorporate Bloomberg Professional real time and historical data, widely used in financial market trading.
- Extensive on-campus recruiting program for internships and entry-level jobs.
- Annual career fairs and graduate school information sessions.
- Externships and internships in New York; Washington, D.C.; and Los Angeles (weeklong and semesterlong programs).
- Various industry-specific career lunches – government, nonprofits, sustainability, retail management and insurance.
- Annual Economics Career Night
- BNY Mellon
- Cambridge Associates
Private Investment Analyst
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- GTECH Corporation
Sr. Director Brand Licensing & Marketing
- High Street Equity Advisors LLC
Senior Managing Partner
- National Association of Securities Dealers
Senior Compliance Examiner
- New York City Department of Small Business Services
Training Partnership Manager
- Northwestern Mutual
Director of Operations
- TD Bank N.A.