Students who complete the Honors Program in Communication are awarded a degree “with honors” in Communication. To enter the Honors Program in Communication, a student must:
- Be a Communication major
- Complete COM 103, COM 105, COM 107, and COM 203
- Have a cumulative grade-point average in Communication of at least 3.5
- Have their application sponsored by one full-time Communication faculty member
To complete the program, the student must
- Complete one Honors Seminar with a grade of “B” or better
- Write and orally defend an Honors Thesis on a topic in Communication.
The student who achieves a “B” or better in the Honors Seminar and Honors Thesis will have successfully completed the Honors Program.
Lambda Pi Eta
Campus Chapter, Alpha Omega
Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Association Honor Society, recognizes outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies.