A chemistry major from North Andover, Mass., Rebecca has demonstrated a commitment to scholarship that exemplifies the habits of mind that Stonehill seeks to help students cultivate.
“I am always amazed at how much Becca has accomplished here at Stonehill. She has truly excelled in chemistry, in music (both choral and instrumental), in campus leadership, and in service to society. She is going to do great things in the not too distant future,” says Professor Louis Liotta, chair of the Chemistry Department.
As a student, Rebecca has taken full advantage of the many opportunities that have been made available to her at Stonehill and has sought out opportunities of her own.
On her postgraduate plans, Rebecca says, “I plan on continuing my education through the pursuit of a Ph.D. in chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the fall.”
Selected Activities & Achievements
- Presented at the Dallas and New Orleans American Chemical Society Conference
- Co-president of the 2014 Biochemistry and Chemistry Club
- Co-leader of 2014 HOPE spring break service trip to Coachella, CA
- Leader in the Department of Chemistry’s Peer Led Team Learning Program
- Chemistry subject tutor
- Stonehill College Concert Band & Orchestra soloist, Mozart’s Flute Concerto in G Major
- Alto in Chapel Choir