A biochemistry major from Nashua, N.H., Gabrielle has demonstrated a commitment to scholarship that exemplifies the habits of mind that Stonehill seeks to help students cultivate.
“In addition to the academic achievements noted on her transcript and the many activities on her resume, Gabby has a true love of learning and knowledge and takes advantage of every opportunity to learn,” says Professor Louis Liotta, chair of the Chemistry Department.
As a student, Gabrielle has taken full advantage of the many opportunities that have been made available to her at Stonehill and has sought out opportunities of her own.
On her postgraduate plans, Gabrielle says, “I have accepted a position with Teach for America in Connecticut where I will be teaching secondary science for the next two years. Afterward, I intend on applying to MD/Ph.D. programs with a focus on organic chemistry or tissue engineering research.”
Selected Activities & Achievements
- Co-taught “Chemistry of the Cupcake” course through Stonehill’s IDEAS initiative
- Co-facilitated a session on democratic education at the student-run Lead4Justice conference
- Leader in the Department of Chemistry’s Peer Led Team Learning Program
- Chemistry subject tutor
- Raised more than $2,000 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Treasurer of Colleges Against Cancer
- Secretary of Lambda Epsilon Sigma
- Secretary of Residence Hall Association