Internships, directed studies and study abroad opportunities are available to Catholic Studies majors. There are three common internships:
- Campus Ministry: Familiarizes students with campus ministry fundamentals beyond Stonehill. Based on the particular host institution’s faith tradition and goals, students will plan retreats, justice and peace initiatives, liturgical practices and similar functions.
- Parish Ministry: A parish internship provides the opportunity to be involved in planning and carrying out a multi-level religious education program, youth ministry activities, community service projects and spiritual/liturgical events.
- Catholic Ministry: This internship provides experience with the practical aspects and operations of a Catholic campus ministry program. Working with campus ministers, and applying theological and social principles, students will be introduced to retreats, liturgical ministry, service (local and overseas) and student ministry.
Internship sites include:
- Catholic Charities
- Catholic Relief Services
- Coyle & Cassidy High School, Taunton
- B.M.C. Durfee High School, Fall River
- Cardinal Spellman High School, Brockton